The Cross River Rail project will deliver high-quality rail assets and services for Southern Queensland, enabling a world class public transport system across the entire region.
South East Queensland's population continues to rise, putting the current transport system under pressure. Cross River Rail will unlock the bottleneck into the Brisbane CBD by delivering a second river crossing, allowing more trains to run more often and enable a turn-up-and-go public transport system across the entire region.
The $5.4 billion project will build a new 10.2 kilometre rail line, including 5.9 kilometres of twin tunnels under the Brisbane River, and deliver four new underground stations at Boggo Road, Woolloongabba, Albert Street and Roma Street.
Brisbane's Cross River Rail Tunnel, Stations and Development PPP package will be delivered by Pulse, which includes CIMIC Group companies Pacific Partnerships, CPB Contractors, and UGL.
Pulse will deliver tunnelling works, new underground stations and ongoing maintenance services for the Cross River Rail project.
CIMIC Group has led the development of the project’s proposal, with lead sponsor Pacific Partnerships providing 49% of the equity finance, with the remaining 51% to be provided by DIF, BAM PPP PGGM and Ghella Investments & Partnerships.
CPB Contractors will deliver the design and construction in a joint venture with Ghella, BAM International and UGL. UGL will also provide maintenance services for the project over 24 years.